Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Emerging Color" Card

I made time this afternoon to stamp a card for Kristina Werner's latest Color Challenge. This week's colors were Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Soft Sky, and Whisper White. I felt comfortable with the colors, but I think I would like my card better if I had used different colors...

I tried the "Emerging Color" technique for this card. It's very similar to "Joseph's Coat" if you've ever done that one.
  • Stamp smaller solid images in lighter ink colors (Rose Red, Regal Rose, & Soft Sky here) all over the cardstock. Let dry.

  • Ink the larger, main image with Versamark and stamp over smaller images. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.

  • Ink your brayer with a darker Classic ink (Bravo Burgundy here) and apply over the entire piece of cardstock. Let dry. Wipe excess ink off embossed image with a tissue or cotton ball.

(The greeting on this card is a white rub-on.)

Supplies: Eastern Blooms stamp set (15% off until Sept 30!), Bravo Burgundy ink pad, Rose Red ink & cardstock, Regal Rose ink & cardstock, Soft Sky ink & cardstock, rose grosgrain ribbon, Love & Happiness rub-ons

15 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

so cool, Julie! i love how you used this technique with Kristina's color combo!

Anonymous said...

Your card really caught my eye. I like all of the colors in the flowers.

Karla said...

Julie!!! what a great card!!! I love the technique you used, I might check to learne it and use it!!

Kath said...

Great job with the color combination and the technique!

Kathryn said...

LOVE those flowers -- so very pretty!
Your card is fantastic! :)

Carol Dunstan said...

oh this is fabulous, great way to incorporate the burgundy (I really struggled with that).

Becky said...

WOW! Great technique! Will have to try that!

Unknown said...

Very cool technique!

Mary said...

This is gorgeous! I've been wanting to try the emerging color technique! This is a great set to use.

Sherri said...

Very pretty! ...really captures the feel of the inspiration pic!

Savitri said...

Very cool! I love what you did!!!

Jenn in GA said...

i found this at scs and have to say it's GORGEOUS! you make the emerging color technique so easy to understand, and i think i'm going to give it a try with your colors and some others! thanks for a great card to use with eastern blooms!

Anonymous said...

gonna try this first thing tomorrow morning - thanks - Vicki - Effingham

Anonymous said...

This i sbeautiful. I was trying to figure out what dsp you used to stamp the flowers. So glad you told us about the technique. I have the stamp set, so might as well try it!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

its absolutly my favorit of all the emerging color cards I've seen.I love it:-)))))))))))
Anja from germany