Monday, December 29, 2008

Emerging Color on DSP

I created this 12x12 scrapbook page spread earlier this month to demonstrate at a workshop. Unfortunately, we had to postpone the workshop when the hostess got sick. (Was there anyone who didn't get sick in December? We had a least one round of yucky stuff at our house!)

ANYWAY...the stamp set I used for this spread is the Holiday Collection stamp set that is exclusively available in the Country Living Holiday Collection Stampin' Kit. There are only two days left to order this kit, so get off the fence and order it before it's too late! (wink!) [You know the routine: Go to my website at http://juliedavison.stampinup.net/ and click "Shop Now" to get your stampin' hands on this great kit.] Click here for more info on the kit and click here for more project ideas.

I used the Serif Essential alphabet dies with the Big Shot to create "HOME" and then printed "for the holidays" directly onto the Baja Breeze cardstock using the Woodward Script font from the Write Me a Memory Font CD.

I used the Emerging Color technique on these pages. Click here to view my earlier post about this technique. Instead of stamping the paper first, I started with some of the Ski Slope DSP. [Genius idea inspired by Sara and Barb!] I clear embossed snowflakes on the paper and then brayered over with Not Quite Navy Classic ink. I love the way it turned out. Here's a close-up that shows the patterned paper showing through:

Supplies: Country Living Holiday Collection Stampin' Kit, Ski Slope DSP, Whisper White Craft ink & cardstock, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, Not Quite Navy ink & cardstock, Versamark ink pad, Clear Embossing powder, Heat Tool, Brayer, Serif Essentials alphabet dies for the Big Shot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, what a cool idea! I never thought of doing the emerging color technique on DSP .... duh. Thank you so much for the idea and your pages are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!