Monday, February 16, 2009

Peek-a-boo Valentine Treat

I think I've heard of this treat called a peek-a-boo treat box before...and it sounds cute, so I'm going with it! It reminds me of those fake books. It looks like a book on the outside, but the inside has a cut out and holds something else entirely. Here's the outside:

And "Peek-a-boo!" Here's the treat revealed on the inside:

As you can tell from the second photo, the heart is stuck to a "belly band" -- a thin piece of cardstock that wraps around the box. I recommend using sticky strip to adhere the ends of the band together. SNAIL isn't strong enough, and you may find it will fall apart.

I love this heart from the Polka Dot Punches stamp set. It coordinates with the new Full Heart punch. And best of all, this stamp set is available as one of the free Sale-a-bration gifts when you place a $50 order or host a workshop. Click here for details.

The dimensions for the treat are 2-1/2" x 8-5/8". Score at 2-1/2", 2-7/8", 5-3/8", 5-3/4",8-1/4", 8-5/8". Punch the Full Heart in the last square and apply Sticky Strip to the very last 3/8" strip. (The photo here shows the strip flipped so that the end with sticky strip is at the right instead of the left. Also, I had to alter this image because I realized as I was getting ready to post that I punched the heart upside down. It appears correctly in the photo now, but I had to cut and paste it, so the shadows aren't natural.)

If you are holding the cardstock as pictured, you will fold the treat box back & under(away from you) so that strip A adheres to the other side of strip C. I hope this all makes sense. It's really not as complicated as I'm making it seem!

Supplies: Polka Dot Punches, Happy Heart Day, Candy Lane DSP, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Riding Hood Red cardstock, Chocolate Chip ink & cardstock, Full Heart Punch, Sticky Strip, Paper Cutter with Scoring Blade

2 comments:

Ann said...

How cute! Such a cool gift idea!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love this little treat box Julie!
Thanks for sharing all the details. This may be a Valentine feature but really it could be all year round after all if chocolate or candy are around a treat box and an SU demo can't be far behind (let's just hope there's enough extra to get us through the box building phase right??!!)

Hugs and blessings - Jean