Saturday, May 23, 2009

Say It With Scallops Series: Day 3

Do you ever create a card that just doesn't look quite right and you set it aside and come back to it? My original concept for this card didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I let it sit for awhile and I came back to it this morning and tried to make it less fussy. I think I like the end result. What do you think?

Maybe it's that bright Washington Apple paper that I'm struggling with...it is very bold. I do love the color combination that it gave the card and it pulls the rest of the card together.

Supplies: Say It With Scallops, Fundamental Phrases, Washington Apple DSP, Riding Hood Red ink, Whisper White cardstock, So Saffron cardstock, Pumpkin Pie cardstock, Soft Subtles Brads, Scallop Square Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 1/4" Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Click over to Stacey's blog and see what's she has for us today. And don't forget to place your online order on my website before Tuesday night. I'll donate 20% of these orders to our local Ronald McDonald House. Click here for all the details.

3 comments:

sherry said...

I think it's cute. I might even have to try this one as I have the stamps.

Sherry

Stacey Schafer said...

love this...i'm all about bold color:)

Christyne said...

This is a GREAT card! You did a fantastic job! TFS.