Monday, September 9, 2013

My Stamp Room

When Donna Griffith asked me to send a picture of my stamp room to share at start of my Stampin' Up! webinar tomorrow, I knew it was time to do some serious cleaning! I wasn't planning to share the "before" picture because, well, it's a little embarrassing! But when I asked my Facebook Fans, they all agreed that I should show the "real" space that I craft in: chaos! I posted the "before" picture on my Facebook Page, so be sure to visit (and "Like" if you are not already a fan!) to check it out. Here are the "after" pictures:
Our lower level flooded when we were on the Alaska Incentive Trip in 2011. Part of my stamp room was affected, so the whole thing got an unplanned makeover! I chose a paint color that was close to Baja Breeze, one of my favorite Stampin' Up! colors. All the furniture is from IKEA, including the white storage boxes on the shelves. I have been meaning to get a chair since the renovation, but have been using a folding chair in the meantime.
I store my ink pads in the Stampin' Up! Color Caddy. I purchased the extender kit from a few years ago and have some extra "shelves" to accommodate the In Colors. My ribbon is stored in a rack that hangs on the closet door. The previous home owners left this behind. My cardstock scraps are stored in the black file cabinet under my desk. I have a folder for each color and organized by color family. My Paper Trimmer gets stored on top of the filing cabinet (but usually it's out on the desk being used!)
I store almost all of my Stampin' Up! supplies on these shelves. Stamp Sets on top (mostly Wood Mount!) with one shelf of Clear Mount. Second row of shelves has two bins for my 12x12 Designer Paper and 12x12 cardstock. To the right of the bins are three smaller boxes for completed cards to send. Next to that is the Clear Mount Shelf (there are two stacks of stamp sets there). Third row: some extras for door prizes, miscellaneous kits and seasonal catalog products. Last shelf in that row has a box of SNAIL refills and embossing tools. Bottom row on the main shelf is more stamp sets/extras for door prizes and then Big Shot accessories. A tall white box of framelits (stored in original pouches) and a drawstring bag for embossing folders. The dark gray boxes are Big Shot Storage Boxes from Stampin' Up! that hold all of my Bigz and XL dies.
The small shelf on the end holds my 8-1/2 x 11" cardstock sorted by color family. The bottom shelf on the left has boxes for envelopes and notecards. Above that is where I store my markers, adhesive, and miscellaneous embellishments (like Baker's Twine). On top of the shelf, I store my punches and my Stampin' Store Caddy (filled with brads, buttons, etc). Older style punches are stored on the IKEA brackets on the wall. The basket on the right side is for my SNAIL and scissors. And the box underneath the basket is for tools like the sanding block, sponges, Dazzling Details, spritzers, etc.
I had to share a picture of my door! After a particularly loud afternoon this summer when I was trying to film a video in my Stamp Room, I made a "Do Not Disturb" sign for the door to remind the kids to be quiet. (Apparently the verbal, "Can you be quiet for 5 minutes because I'm ready to film a video" wasn't good enough!) Claire decided to embellish the sign for me and now it's a permanent fixture on my door. I usually only close the door when I'm filming, so when the door is closed, they know they need to keep it down!

4 comments:

LynnsLocker said...

Wow....really nice room. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love your sign...Awesome!

Juliana said...

Jealous!! I get a tiny corner of an already tiny multipurpose room for my crafting (and I sew there too!). I would love to have all that space!!

Gloria said...

Awesome, Julie! I especially like the "do not disturb" sign on your door. I wonder if that would work for husbands!!!! I organize in a similar way and yes, I'm running out of room! I have a hard time getting rid of stuff!!!
Gloria

Gloria said...

Awesome, Julie! I especially like the "do not disturb" sign on your door. I wonder if that would work for husbands!!!! I organize in a similar way and yes, I'm running out of room! I have a hard time getting rid of stuff!!!
Gloria